We believe that caring for one another during the milestones of life is integral in forming and sustaining this faith community. We welcome newcomers into this community as if they have been here all their lives.
Facilitated by our Associate Pastor, Parish Nurse, and Messiah’s Congregation CARE team, here is a brief overview of the ministries under our CARE umbrella:
- Crisis Support
- Pastoral Care – facilitated by pastors and parishioners
- Grief Support
- Eucharistic Ministry – bringing Communion to those in special circumstances
- Welcome Ministry – following up with people who visit
- Worship Care – following up with those who have been absent
- Second-Half Initiative – new retirees discovering and utilizing their ministry gifts
- OWLs (Older Wiser Lutherans) – monthly luncheon and program
- Homebound Ministries – visits, mailings, flowers, cards
- Shepherds Groups – contact persons for regular personal touch for homebound
- Elder Care Initiatives – facilitating transportation, scholarships, resources, for elder members and neighbors
- Project LIVE Ministry – assisting in the settlement of previously homeless elder neighbors as they are transitioned into housing (in partnership with CAC Office on Aging)
- Fellowship Ministry – Sunday morning coffee fellowship; suppers during Lent and Advent; Easter Brunch; Summer Brunches; Dinner Groups, “Under the Elms” Picnic
Care Bulletin Board
Volunteer Assisted Transportation – Messiah is working on partnering with Office on Aging for volunteer drivers from our congregation and our use of their vehicles on Sundays to transport worshipers who need transportation
We will be assisting one homeless-no-longer elder every two months. Be watching for more information as details are finalized.
Messiah Care Visit Report
If you have made a visit to a homebound member or one who is in a senior or care facility, please tell us about it. Your feedback is very important to the clergy. Responses are confidential. Only the clergy have access to your report.
Click here to access report.